4.15.2005

"I ain't gonna let you rain on this parade"

Exactly two weeks from today, Friday, April 15th, I will be done with classes (officially). Then, the following Tuesday, I will be officially done with finals and my years at Montana State University-Billings will be complteted. Forever. I hope to never set foot on that campus again. ;-) This is a joyous thought for me...

Today is one of those happy days, what can I say? Nothing has even happened, and the weather outside is not as nice as I had hoped for, but it is a great day, none the less. The Lord is gracious.



After taking a brief pause from what my typing, I am aware that my happiness is too often based on my life, on my money, on my friends, my family, and whatever the situation of the day may be. Something is out of proportion in this picture. I do not stop to think to myself that the Lord is gracious when I am having a bad day; when I am feeling the stress of school, or worrying my little head with things far beyond my control. Instead, I mope around feeling sorry for myself wishing I were someone else, or somewhere else, or both. Then there are times when I am reminded of this, such as right now, and what do I do about it? Nothing. Yes, that's right. I do nothing. I am too content in my making my own little world where my life seems to be going great, according to my will, and I keep running with that, rather than realizing the undeserved wonderful day God has given to me.


"O to grace how great a debtor
daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy grace now, like a fetter,
bind my wandering heart to thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart, O take and seal it,
seal it for thy courts above."

"take my hopes and take my dreams,
so that Your vision may be mine"

These are thoughts of a wandering mind...

No comments: