4.21.2005

The things I learn from my father...

So yesterday was National Stoner's Day. And we totally missed it...

Apparently it has been around since the 70's, but because of connections made possible through the wonderful world wide web, a whole lot more people know about it. The plan was to gather in one spot at 4:20pm and smoke a joint together, and from there, why stop, right? My dad heard this on NPR...I find it very interesting.

My father (being the chemist that he is) told me today that snow traps a lot of nitrogen and is a natural fertilizer for the grass as it melts. He tried to explain to me how this works, but I was content to trust him that it does...

He also bought me an iPod for graduation. Can you believe it? I can't. I didn't think he really was going to. He even seems to be almost as excited about it as I am.

So this week my hot water bottle and Emergen-C packets have been my greatest friends. I threatened myself that I would have to go to the doctor today if I woke up feeling worse. I guess it worked, because I think I am getting better. Plus, it's supposed to warm up again beginning tomorrow. Life goes on. ;-)

2 comments:

Brian Murnion said...

Sweet!! I envy you....

Rachel Schaner said...

Dad is crazy...man! i can't believe we missed National Stoners Day!