4.26.2005

The Surrealness

Today I feel as though I am floating above the surface of my life. But not because I feel that I am looking in on something that looks perfect. The past three days have been interesting...

A few nights ago I got a call from Brian. I went along talking about my day (because he so kindly asks about me first), and a few minutes later found out he had just been shot in the hand. Because we serve a God who loves to show us mercy beyond our comprehension each day of our small lives, the shot was from a bb and it only hit his hand. The more I think about that, the more amazed I am. Unfortunatley, the next day, for about 10 seconds, I believed him when he told me his hand had to be cut off because of gangrene. Yay for Anna, she is gullible.

I would love to believe that today was only something I dreamed. Only, I know better than that, because these things happen for a reason. Good things happened as well though, of course!

"You've been mostly dead all day" is the way I feel. A girl in my class tonight says she is sure she has mono. I don't think that would be a good thing to have, but I sort of feel like it is a possibility. I pray it isn't though.

For my sisters, I have to say this:
"sometimes ups
out-number the downs,
but not in Nottingham"

(yes, that is from Robin Hood.)

Life is beautiful, what can I say?

No comments: